Junior Model United Nations is a program where middle school students are given an introduction to the workings of the United Nations.
School teams represent member countries of the United Nations and put into practice the skills of debate, compromise, conflict resolution, negotiation and much, much more!
It is an engaging and fun way for young students to address the difficulties facing populations in the Developing World and the interdependence of developed and developing nations. Through JMUN students begin to understand the workings of world diplomacy through the lens of current events.
CCEE San Diego Involvement
Since 2001, CCEE San Diego has played a central role in the annual Junior Model United Nations convention held at the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice at the University of San Diego.
More InformationMore information regarding JMUN is available by:
- Visiting the official Model UN website
- Visting the San Diego JMUN website
- Check out answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding JMUN or view our Brief Guide to (J)MUN Terminology.
And if you would like to experience a student-lead JMUN scenario, contact email@example.com.
Each year awards are given to delegates who exhibit excellence in each of the councils, assemblies and committees. These gavel-type awards are highly sought after and coveted by participating students. In addition, an Outstanding School Delegation Award and the prestigious Patrick Pierson Award for Excellence in Economic Understanding and Reasoning are given.
JMUN Participating Area Schools/Teacher Contacts:
- Mann Middle School – Augustus Phiasivongsa
- Waggenheim Middle School: Diana Vanderhurst
- Scripps Ranch High School: Maurey Williams
- Patrick Henry High School: Linda Good
- Lewis Middle School: Mark Nelson
- Grant K-8 School: Anne Anthony
- Muirlands Middle School:
- Montgomery Middle School: Steven Peters; Katalin Davis
- Bishops School: Dr. Jeffrey Geoghegan; Richard Delrio